1. Turn off the phone, radio, email, or anything else that will disturb you during the process. However, soothing music may be played as you prepare and perform magic. The key here is that you want no interruptions.
2. Keep the tools you use for magic away from other people, as tools absorb the energy of their user.
3. Consult a calendar to time your magic with the ebb and flow of the lunar cycle.
4. Magic has a very hard time working correctly during a Mercury Retrograde and should be avoided during this time. Mercury goes backwards (retrograde) four times a year and usually lasts about three weeks. Since Mercury is the planet of communications, you want it to be moving direct for positive results.
5. What you send out comes back to you three times over, so if you are using magic to hurt or make someone else feel uncomfortable, you do so at your own risk.
6. Keep your magic to yourself. When you tell others of your plans, you invite their energy to mingle in with yours. This can weaken your energy, thereby weakening the energy of your magic.
7. Think positively about the changes you desire, but don’t dwell on them. By detaching yourself you let the universe help as well. Detaching doesn’t decrease the power of your want, but it does give the universe permission to step in and take over.
8. Remember that impatience leads to doubt and doubt invites negativity. Neither nature nor the universe can be rushed. Magic works in Divine time, not human time.
9. Remember above all that faith in yourself, faith in magic and positive thoughts are all powerful vibratory forces that bring results.